Max Bupa Health Insurance Company Ltd. (Max Bupa) is an independent health insurer. A partnership between Max India Limited and Bupa Financial PLC of the United Kingdom. Bupa has been in the healthcare market for six decades and has 11.3 million customers in over 190 countries.
Max Bupa Health Insurance provides health insurance coverage for individuals, couples, nuclear families, and extended families.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Highlights
|Waiting Period for Pre-existing Disease
|Incurred Claim Ratio
|Customer Care Toll-Free No
Max Bupa Health Insurance offers the following types of health insurance policies:
The following are the various health insurance plans provided by Max Bupa Health Insurance:
- Max Bupa Health Companion Policy
- Corona Kavach
- Health Premia
- Health Pulse
- Money Saver
- Super Saver
- Accident Care
Why Should You Buy Max Bupa Health Insurance Policy?
Customers pick Max Bupa Health Insurance for their health insurance needs for the following reasons:
- Hospitalization without cash: Max Bupa Health Insurance provides cashless hospitalization at 3,500+ network hospitals in India within 30 minutes after receiving the hospital’s request.
- International reach: The Max Bupa Heartbeat Platinum plan is a one-of-a-kind program that provides international cashless treatment for 9 key critical diseases such as organ transplant and cancer via its global network in over 190 countries. This plan includes coverage for the outpatient department.
- Renewability for life: Max Bupa’s health insurance policies are all renewable for life, as long as the insurance premiums are paid on time.
- Health insurance for the complete family: Max Bupa provides health insurance for the entire family, from newborns to seniors, under a single policy.
- Maternity leave: After a one-year waiting period, Max Bupa health insurance policies cover maternity-related expenditures. A baby born within the period in which a maternity claim is receivable is automatically covered until the next policy renewal.
- Insurance coverage that is all-inclusive: Max Bupa provides health insurance policies with a maximum sum covered of Rs.1 crore. There are no long waiting periods for insurance coverage.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Advantages:
- Daily cash benefit: For miscellaneous expenditures, you can get a daily cash benefit of up to Rs.4,000 per day for up to 45 days of hospitalization.
- Plan for a critical illness: If the insured is diagnosed with a defined critical disease under the policy and lives for 30 days after diagnosis, a lump sum payment will be made to him or her.
- Direct claim resolution: There is no TPA engagement. As a result, the claim settlement is straightforward and rapid.
- Tax break: Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows for a tax deduction on premiums paid for a health insurance coverage.
- Worldwide coverage: Insured members can receive cashless treatment at any Max Bupa Health Insurance network hospital worldwide.
- Personal accident insurance: You can obtain a sum insured payment benefit with this rider connected to your base policy in the event of an accident fatality, permanent whole disability, or partial disability.
- Renewability for life: Max Bupa offers lifelong renewability on all of its health insurance plans.
- Discount: Receive a discount when you purchase a 2-year coverage. Premium discounts are only available on certain Max Bupa Health Insurance products and only during the second year of the policy term.
Calculator for Max Bupa Health Insurance Premiums
You may examine your insurance needs and select an appropriate health insurance policy for you and your family using the Max Bupa Health Insurance premium calculator.
The online premium calculator is straightforward and simple to use. It may be found on the insurer’s website. All you have to do is select a plan, input the desired sum insured, and your personal information such as name, date of birth, city, phone number, and email address. If you opt for co-pay, provide the percentage you are ready to pay. Click on Calculate Premium to acquire the premium information right now.
Renewal of Max Bupa Health Insurance
For continuous policy benefits, all Max Bupa Health Insurance policies must be renewed each policy year. After the premium payment due date, a 30-day grace period will be granted to make the renewal payment.
During the grace period, however, policy benefits will not be available. The insurance will lapse if the policyholder fails to renew it during the grace period. Policy renewal can be completed online at the insurer’s website. Enter your policy number on the internet to find out how much your renewal premium will be and pay with net banking, a credit card, or a debit card.
How can I make a claim with Max Bupa Health Insurance?
Max Bupa accepts two sorts of claims:
1. Cashless Claim
Visit a network hospital and provide your health care with a policy number and a valid picture ID at the hospital desk. The network hospital will verify your identity and submit a pre-authorization request to the insurer or TPA.
The insurance company or its Third-Party Administrator will process the request and give permission to the hospital. In the event of a rejection, the covered member can be treated at the same hospital but must pay the medical expenditures out of pocket before filing a reimbursement claim for the amounts incurred.
If the claim is approved, the insurance company will pay the hospital directly.
2. Claim for Reimbursement
In the event of planned hospitalization, notify the insurance 48 hours in advance. Pay the medical costs in full, out of your own money. Collect all original medical documentation at the time of discharge and submit them to the insurer along with a completed and signed claim form accessible on the insurance company’s website. The claim will be handled and accepted in accordance with the policy’s terms and conditions.
Honors and distinctions
Niva Bupa Health Insurance has garnered a number of prizes and honors, including:
- The 2019 Super Brand Award
- The Economic Times Best Brands Award for 2019
- The Max Bupa Health App was named Best Tech for Health Category 2019 in 2019.
- The coveted ‘Maturity in Technology’ award